As Above [cuts by Delight] - Cor Stidak x Keor Meteor

Monday, July 4, 2011

Divine Paradox and the Order of Operation

It feels good and weird at the same time to have completed the album and set it free. All the late nights, the stretches of writer's block, the emails across states and continents, the love and effort that went into this project only to find out that apparently I'm doing it all wrong. All this time i thought that if I focused my imagination and and honed my craft that I could create something beautiful and true and maybe....oh no!!
"SURRENDER DOROTHY"!!!
Please..My old partner Mike Peace and I, along with our DJ Maestro(Barry), had the golden opportunity to have a sit down with Leon Sylvers at Teddy Riley's old studio when he lived in VB back in the early 90s. He basically schooled us on some realities of the music business for 4 hours. And another influential brother was Skitch Lovett, may his soul be blessed. The information and advice I got from them made it quite clear for me that while my intention and desire is to be an artist, musician, and writer, as soon as I think I want to fuck with these sharks in the industry I had better come right and be about business. I'm too fucking old to have somebody try to control my image to fit in a small box. Matter of fact, I'm really not just rapping when I write about Jaded Visions!!
You don't believe me? Check this out: how much does it cost to make a hit song!

That's exactly why the underground is so vibrant. Pop music is code for manufactured musical fast food. It's diseased, palsied, mindless and is fed to us with salty pork rinds and high fructose corn syrup at breakfast with a recommended daily allowance that far exceeds levels of sane sanity. It's fake titties. And it's all after the dollar which I'm not knocking one's pursuit of, but at what cost?

Meh..I'm just gonna keep on keepin' on all wrong and bull-headed I guess. I just finished writing two songs, one called "Midnight Blue" for Tokyo producer Pepil Pew, to be featured on his project, and another called "Mindbender" which will be a collab with BeatMachine Aron from Iceland...what?? Shit is gonna be a problem when this comes out. Next I will begin work on tracks with Rendition from Netherlands and the homie Anomeric from Cali. I also just received new heat from two of my faves Keor Meteor and MISHAP. i don't think I have enough fucking rhymes for all the dope cats out there that I would like to work with.


In the pipeline will be an EP with none other than Bobby Blunt. Undoubtedly there will be music from Grand Ear, Vex, Bobby and Stidak. Also in the works is the completion of my beat tape, "Loungin' in the Corners of Catacombs," and another COR STIDAK EP by the end of the year, because you know what's gonna happen at midnight on New Years Eve and i want you all to have a decent catalogue of Stidakizms before the solar flares vaporize most humans and cause the earths poles to shift.

Until then I'll keep being creative and original in my pink walled lab that used to be my daughter's room in my little house on a misunderstood street in good ol' 'Merica. Peace and back to your regularly scheduled program.

No comments:

Post a Comment